Saturday, October 2, 2010

And now a little about me.

I'm not the young hotshot guy with the book that makes you consider retirement. (Though it might make you think about taking a three-day vacation.)

I'm not the seasoned journeyman creative that's seen and done it all. (Though I've seen a lot in my day including a giant taco body slam a giant beer bottle in a wrestling ring.)

I'm not the ad geek that can quote Bernbach like scripture. (Though I've been known to spend many a night weak and weary pouring over random industry tomes.)

What I am is a writer with passion for storytelling and a massive chip on my shoulder. I've got something to prove and honestly, I probably always will.

I am not simply what I have done. Who I will be can't be known be looking at who I've been.

I am not predictable.

I am not stale.

And I am never, ever satisfied.

There's a perfect, golden, beautiful story that could be told for every brand. Sometimes the difference between brilliance and run-of-the-mill comes down to the smallest details. I want to tell those golden stories and I will dig as deep as I have to--through every tiny detail--to find them.

Most of the posts here are just rants--proof to myself that I can write more than 50 words at a time. You'll find my portfolio linked up there on the top left. Take a look around and sound off if something so inspires you.

Thanks,

William

No comments: