Thursday, April 3, 2008

Protein Slam: Nice Package.

In researching energy products for a client, I came upon Protein Slam. Basically it's a protein + workout recovery supplement drink you just "slam" down like a shot. It's packaged in a plastic test tube which, I presume, is to denote it's super-scientifically formulated technology made in a lab by people familiar with test tubes and such.

Fine. Very clever, but my coworkers keep hinting that these fine people might have overlooked one barrier to adoption. I have no idea though what that might be, but they are all snickering like prepubescent boys for some reason.



Well, something about that just looks wrong to me. I can't quite place it. They say you should shake it up, so...

OH! WHAT THE...! I get it now. They clearly might be onto something around here. Me thinks that macho bodybuilder types might feel a tad insecure chugging one of these down at the gym. It could be that they were targeting the always illusive junior-high-boys-who-want-to-buy-penis-shaped-energy-drinks-as-gag-gifts-for-their-friends market. If so, kudos on that. I believe the market has been cornered.

If not, maybe these guys should get together with the people down at iBeat for a steel cage deathmatch to once and for all decide ultimate marketing shenanigan supremacy.

1 comment: