Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I Believe that Osam and Irag and Such As....


I live in South Carolina. The letters “S” and “C” appear after my address. My license plate features the state’s name large enough to be read from 20 feet away.

I can’t express the pride I felt when Miss South Carolina tried to enlighten us as to why 1 in 5 kids can’t find THEIR OWN COUNTRY on a map. The question concerned me, but the answer just plain scared me.

South Africa? Osama? Iraq? I presume when her microprocessor shorted, it fused together a couple of canned answers and forced them out of her speaker box all at once.

Be warned, if you listen to her answer more than twice, there is a risk you will unlearn algebra, lose the ability to compose compound sentences and punch a kitten.

Of course this has become a Net favorite with more than 2 million views on YouTube thus far. Ouch. [NEWFLASH: YouTube views have just topped 8 MILLION!!]

And it gets worse/better. The spoofs are starting to roll in.

No comments: